Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Recording shows in SLC and beyond

Over the past few years, I've become somewhat bummed that so many awesome local shows go untaped. I mean, really, really great shows where bands allow taping are going untaped due to lack of a taper presence.

Well, I recently took matters into my own hands and acquired a small taping rig. The goal I've set is to record key shows that may not be captured, so that we can go back and enjoy them again and again. I'm also interested in fast turnaround of the recordings, via mp3 downloads.

By no means is this a 'PRO' taping rig like dave or jk or ryan's; rather, i've started with a basic low-key system with the idea of a quick setup and teardown, so that our show experience is not compromised too much by hauling around big bags and showing up to the venue hours in advance and such.

I hope you give a listen to these local recordings and enjoy what you hear. I expect quality to improve over time and I may upgrade the gear in the future as necessary.

Oh - one last thing. I'm willing to make the rig available for recording shows that I'm not planning to attend. So if you're seeing a taper-friendly band that you'd like to record, and you're a fairly responsible individual (LOL), drop me a line and we'll see about setting you up w the deck to get a recording.

see you out there!
jmed

No comments:

Post a Comment